Sunday, November 15, 2009

Recipe - Scampi Shrimp - A Family Favorite

Fish was always abundant, where I grew up on the west coast of Florida. Shrimp was a dinner staple in our house. This shrimp scampi recipe was formulated from a combination of flavors and ingredients from my all time favorite restaurant recipes in my hometown of St. Petersburg, Florida.

Shrimp Scampi

1 pound (peeled and deveined) jumbo fresh shrimp
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup butter orMargarine, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon steak sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Cooked fettuccine

Devein and peel shrimp. Cook onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet (medium heat), stirring constantly, 4 minutes. With lemon juice and next 3 ingredients. Bring to boil, add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or turn to pink shrimp. Are active and fettuccine. Yield: 3 to4 servings

When I moved away from the coast of Florida, where fresh seafood is abundant, I have also moved away from the seafood specialty restaurants, which I always loved to eat during my apprenticeship. I started experimenting in my kitchen, where I perfected this recipe for Shrimp Scampi. My goal was to achieve a recipe shrimp with just the right combination of herbs, Worcestershire sauce and butter, perfect for lots of flavor and aroma. I like they are working andFettuccine, but can be served over rice or any other kind of pasta. It should be doubled or even tripled for a large group and works well with a salad or vegetables of choice on the page.



food lovers fat loss system review garage door insulation kits

No comments:

Post a Comment